(sizzling) – Welcome back, we have
a special one today. Macy is joining me, so that could mean one of several things.
– I’m excited. – Hair. (laughs) We’re testing out steam flatirons. We have two different ones. The reason why is because they have two different types of technologies. One of them, this one is super wide and the steam comes out from the side, and it has this brush attachment that you can attach to the flatiron, and then this one right here, I believe this is only a one inch. It’s smaller, and the steam comes out in the center of the plates,
there’s like a little divot. – So with these, obviously you have to
fill these with water. – Oh, I see. This looks like a, water gun.
– This is why, yeah, this is why they give you this, to actually put the water in here. All right, let’s do this. I’m gonna fill mine,
then you can fill yours. There you go. Don’t drop it. (laughing) – I’ll just do it over this way. – I failed. (laughing) Ooh! – Whoa! – What? – Oh, that heated up really fast. – Okay that was quick. – Okay. – All right, so first,
let’s try to straighten, and then we will try to curl. All right, let’s try this out. (sizzling) – [Macy] Oh. – Oh that scares me. I mean, it did pretty
good for the first time. – Oh, my.
– Not really. How’s yours?
– Okay, I don’t know about this brush. Yeah, it got stuck.
– It got stuck? – And my hair does look wet now. (electronic buzzing) – Ow, that looks…
– Yeah, that’s… – It’s getting bad?
– This brush. – [Andrey] You might wanna
put the brush through first. (electronic buzzing) (beeps) – What is the beep? – Is that better?
– Yeah. Oh, I’m accidentally
hitting it with my hand. Yeah, my hair looks wet. – Interesting.
– How do your ends feel? – They feel really good. I am seeing, probably from
the first couple tries. – [Milana] Your hair? – A lot of my hair got pulled out. – (laughing) I just can’t with your noise. – In space, yeah.
– What are you doing over there? (laughs) – It’s kinda making me nervous. – I mean, this just sounds like I am… – Yours sounds like you’re scorching. – Literally scorching the hair. The plates are not smooth at all. Like you can even see, like, it’s kind of, I have to force it to get through. – I mean, it’s not that smooth. – Ooh, okay. – [Milana] Is it better? – Much better.
– That way without the brush? – I don’t really need that
much tension on my hair, so yeah, that’s much better. It feels really wet, so
I’m just kinda wondering when this dries, is it really gonna be straight?
– What happens? – Or is it gonna start to curl? Because my hair is naturally wavy. – [Milana] I feel like I just have to keep going back and
forth, and look at the ends. They’re not actually,
they’re not becoming sleek. They’re just very poofy. Does it tell you when it becomes empty? That’s the whole thing. I mean, yeah, the water is almost gone. – Okay, mine still has quite a bit left. – Oh, you’re still good. Well, look at your chamber compared to mine. (laughs)
– Yeah, that’s true. – She filled the entire
bottle, 30 millimeters. – Oh, yeah.
– Millimeters. Milliliters. I only filled not even
like a third of mine. That’s how tiny this chamber
is compared to yours. – Okay.
– Wow, that’s steaming. – That got really hot
towards my scalp obviously. – Yeah, I’m not impressed. I’m really curious, like you were saying, once it fully dries what is
gonna happen to the hair. You know what I mean?
– Yeah, is it just gonna like curl right back up? – Woo!
– Wow. – Wow, that’s steaming.
– Goodness. – It’s not really doing
that great of a job. – No, just kinda looks greasy and… – Like, I would want the
ends to be a lot more sleeker and smoother, do you know what I mean? – Yeah.
– Like, I feel like with the steam it should do that, but it’s not. All right, so I’m gonna
try a different method. I’m gonna steam it first,
and then turn off the steam, and then go over it one more time to basically lock it in place. I don’t know, we’re just trying
different things over here. So I wanna get the crinkles out of my hair and get this nice and smooth. So we’re gonna go in with the steam first. Wow, I can’t get over that noise. (Macy and Milana laugh) And then I’m gonna turn the steam off and then just go over that
again without the steam. Yeah, it’s not soft. I feel like that’s
doing a much better job, but it’s still not giving
me those very sleek ends, but you know what, I did take
out my Conair Infiniti Pro. I just wanna compare it just to see. This does not have steam. It’s just so smooth. I mean in just the one pass too. And this doesn’t need steam. Do you wanna try it? – Yeah.
– Go for it. And your hair doesn’t look wet. – Nope. That’s a plus. Yeah, that’s very smooth. – [Milana] That’s so interesting. Without the steam it’s
actually pretty good. – Yeah. I like the plates a lot. Yeah, even the ends.
– They look so different. – So different. This is with the steam, and
then this is with no steam. – Wow.
– So. I can already see pieces of
my hair that are starting to re-curl or I feel like I would need to go back over it again. – With just regular flatiron?
– With just, yeah, with no steam. – I wanna try this without
the steam on my hair. All right, I’m actually gonna try to curl. I’m just curious, you guys.
– With the big one? – I’m gonna try it with the
big one, see what happens. Who’s ready for this? Oh, gosh. My poor hair. Wow, that did a lot!
(Macy laughs) – It’s just too big.
– Let me try this one. – Yeah, those plates are rough. – They are not soft at all. I mean, this one is a lot easier, but it’s creating that tension. Nope. Let’s see this one. Oh, you’re kinda struggling. – A little bit, yeah. – With the plates. Yeah, see? It just did the bottom. You get such better results
with just a regular flatiron with good plates.
– Yeah. – All right, so as you can see, I actually didn’t
straighten all of my hair. I only did the bottom. I kind of, not gave up on it, I just didn’t feel like doing
my entire head with the steam, just because it wasn’t working that great on my naturally straight, fine hair, and it was struggling more than working. Yes, it did straighten,
but the actual results, they were more frizzy,
they were not sleek, they were not, they were
just not what I want from a hair straightener,
especially if I’m gonna go out of my way and put heat on my hair. I want it to work that time and not have to worry about the integrity of my hair. What about yours? – Yeah, well I did most of
this side with the steam and this one here, and
pretty much with the steam, you can see, my hair looks kind of greasy just because it is damp, it feels wet. – Still?
– Towards the root, yeah. I can feel it, and honestly,
I was thinking steam would at least take away the
frizz, and this side looks way frizzier no matter how many times I put a brush through
my hair or go over it. It just seems like the
frizz keeps on coming, and then on this side of my head, I kind of alternated between,
I didn’t use any steam, but I alternated between this
one and the Conair actually, and I showed my ends, and
just the ends of my hair look so much better with the Conair versus this one because of
this little divot I feel like. Without the steam it’s not
putting even heat on your hair. I don’t see myself
buying a steam flatiron, just because I like the versatility that the Conair would offer. You can’t really curl your
hair with either one of these. – Just because they’re shaped so weird. – They are, they have
like such a weird shape, and then the plates
have this massive divot where the steam comes out.
– Yeah. – So if you’re not
wanting to use the steam, it’s like, what is the point of that? – Yeah, exactly. – Yeah, this one, the plates
are actually really nice. It did a really good
job without the steam, but the plates are so small Even the Conair is tiny and the plates are just
as thick and way longer, so for me, with my long hair,
I would just prefer this. – This was kind of a meh type of product, and I don’t like saying
that because I always try to find the positive in
a lot of these products, and just sometimes products,
they’re more gimmicky than actually working for
your benefit and working, you know, making sure they keep
the integrity of your hair. I am really curious though. I know there is this brand, what is it, like the Maxi X or something? – Glide.
– MaxiGlide. That one also is a steamer,
and they were like on QVC, they won so many awards, they probably gave them to themselves. Just kidding.
(Macy and Milana laugh) In all honesty, I am
curious to see if you guys have tried that product out
versus something like this, and what kind of texture did you have? Because on QVC, when they
did it, that live show, the results actually looked pretty good. The hair wasn’t super sleek. It was straight, but it wasn’t sleek. It didn’t look smooth,
it didn’t look silky, it just looked straight. I don’t know how to explain that. Like, this looks straight,
but it doesn’t look silky, it doesn’t look smooth, versus
this side is like, yeah, it’s straight, it’s sleek,
and it’s smooth, it’s silky. It’s that beautiful texture
when you straighten the hair. Please share your photos or
even a video before and after if you have used a steamed
hair iron, hair straightener. How did it work on your hair? What kind of hair texture do you have? Is it really textured, is it
very coarse, is it very curly, is it kinky type of hair texture? Because on my hair type
and your hair type, it didn’t really do, it didn’t really add any benefits to our hair type and styling.
– No. It didn’t cut the time, it
didn’t make it look better, it didn’t make it more enjoyable, and its lack of versatility. Positives, let’s say the positives. – Yeah.
– LCD control, temperature control setting,
both of them have that, and both of them actually can and, you can turn off and turn on the steam, so you do have that option,
but mine is a lot better in a sense that there is only one button. – Yeah.
– Even though it’s locked, you can still unlock and then turn it off, but that’s kind of the
whole positive and negative. Then the whole negative thing is you have to refill the bottle,
refill the little tank. Yours is still good, mine
is pretty much gone already. – Yeah, there’s a lot left in here. – All right, so overall, again,
please share your thoughts down below, share your before
and afters if you have tried a steam hair iron on
yourself or maybe on others, and thank you for joining Macy and myself and our steam flatirons, and we will see you in
the next video very soon. Bye.